Ajwain is a well-known herb in Indian households. In other parts of the world also it is known and used for various purposes. It is known as carom seeds or bishop’s weed.
It is also extensively used in Ayurveda treatment for various problems including different issues with our digestive system. Ajwain/Carom Seeds are also used as a treatment for respiratory issues.
|Sometimes trust in the effectiveness of home remedies can develop only when we use and see them working. So regular medicines are always there, you can take them anytime, but give a chance to this wonderful herb in our kitchen to reactivate the body’s own powers to self-cure and self-regulate.|
A number of ailments including the following are treated with the use of Ajwain/ Carom seeds:
- Acidity, Bloating, gas, flatulence
- Pain in the abdomen
- Lack of hunger
- Intestinal worms
- Asthma, cough, and respiratory problems
- Good for Heart Health
- It is anti-inflammatory
- It has properties to relax muscles
- Stimulates the digestive system
- It is anti-fungal and anti-microbial
The following home remedies using Ajwain/Carom seeds are found to be very useful:
- Eating a 1/4th tsp. of Ajwain/Carom seeds with ½ tsp. of Saunf (fennel) post meals is a good digestive aid.
- Eating Ajwain/Carom seeds regularly helps in dealing with kidney stones.
- Soak ½ tsp. the Ajwain/Carom seeds in warm water for 20m minutes- drink it- it can help control throat problems.
- Though children don’t like roasted Ajwain/Carom seeds powder is good for dealing with the problem of worms.
- Ajwain/Carom seeds oil can be very useful for toothache.
- Ajwain/Carom seeds water is also helpful in colic problems faced by infants.
- Boil for 20 minutes in around 300ml of water, 1tsp of Ajwain/Carom seeds, and 15-20 curry leaves. Drink it after cooling, it helps stop the early greying of hair.
- Take rock salt ½ tsp. and ½ tsp. of Ajwain/Carom seeds, boil it in 500 ml of water for 10 minutes, and let the water be cooled. Drink it slowly to get relief from throat problems.
- Inhaling Ajwain/Carom seeds water steam can also provide relief from the common cold.
- Try eating a small quantity of Ajwain/Carom seeds to deal with vomiting.
The individuals having hyperacidity and ulcers in the mouth or stomach shall be careful in including Ajwain/Carom seeds/Bishop’s weed in their diet till these symptoms persist.